Other Information about SSC JE 2019
Reservation and Suitability of Posts for Persons with Disabilities :
Reservation for Scheduled Castes (SC)/ Scheduled Tribes (ST)/ Other Backward Classes (OBC)/ Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) and Persons with Disability (PwD) etc would be as determined and communicated by the Indenting Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations, as per extant Government Orders.
Junior Engineer being a Group „B‟ post, there is no reservation for Ex-Servicemen (ESM) category. However, benefit of age-relaxation will be admissible to ESM candidates, as per extant Govt. Orders.
Except for BRO, the posts have been identified suitable for the persons suffering from disabilities of forty percent (40%) and above for One Arm affected (OA), One Leg affected (OL) and Hearing Handicapped (HH) candidates as per guidelines of Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment. The posts are not identified suitable for VH persons.
As the “Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 has come into force with effect from 19.04.2017 and new categories of disabilities such as Autism, Dwarfism, Acid Attack victims, Muscular Dystrophy, Intellectual Disability, Specific Learning Disability, Mental Illness and Multiple Disabilities, etc have been included in the list of disabilities eligible for reservation. Therefore, the candidates with such disabilities may also apply giving details of their disabilities in the online Application Form. However, their selection will be subject to identification of posts suitable for these categories as well as reporting of vacancies by the Indenting Ministries/ Departments. Candidates suffering from various disabilities as identified vide DoP&T OM No: 36035/02/2017-Estt (Res) dated 15.01.2018 (para-2.2) may select following PwD categories in the online Registration/ Application Form.
Type of Disability
Category of disability to be selected in Registration/ Application form
Blindness and low vision.
Deaf and hard of hearing.
Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy,
leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy.
Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning
disability and mental illness.
Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under
clauses (a) to (d) including deaf-blindness.
Requirement of Physical Standard, Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards for the posts of Junior Engineers in BRO is available at Annexure-XV. Candidates may ensure that they fulfill all the required standards before opting for the post of Junior Engineers in BRO. Posts once allocated as per merit-cum-preference given by the candidates will not be changed subsequently due to failure of the candidates to qualify in these Standards.
Only male candidates are eligible for the posts of Junior Engineers in the Border Roads Organization (BRO).
Process of Certification and Format of Certificates :
- Candidates who wish to be considered against vacancies reserved or seek age- relaxation must submit requisite certificate from the competent authority, in the prescribed format, whenever such certificates are sought by concerned Regional/ Sub-Regional Offices at the time of Document Verification. Otherwise, their claim for SC/ ST/ OBC/ EWS/ PwD/ ESM, etc will not be entertained and their candidature/ applications will be considered under Unreserved (UR) category. The formats of the certificates are annexed with the Notice of Examination. The certificate of disability issued under the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995 (1 of 1996) will also be valid. Certificates in any other format will not be accepted.
- A person seeking appointment on the basis of reservation to OBCs must ensure that he/ she possesses the caste/ community certificate and does not fall in creamy layer on the crucial date. The crucial date for this purpose will be the closing date for receipt of online application i.e. 12.09.2019.
- Candidates may also note that in respect of the above, their candidature will remain provisional till the veracity of the concerned document is verified by the Appointing Authority. Candidates are cautioned that they will be debarred from the examination conducted by the Commission in case they fraudulently claim SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD/ ESM/ EWS status.
Essential Educational Qualifications/ Experience (as on 01-01-2020):
Provision of Compensatory Time and Assistance of Scribe :
In case of persons with benchmark disabilities in the category of blindness, locomotor disability (both arms affected-BA) and cerebral palsy, the facility of scribe is provided, if desired by the candidate. Since the posts are not identified suitable for persons with blindness, BA and cerebral palsy disabilities, therefore facility of scribe and compensatory time will not be admissible to such candidates.
In case of remaining categories of persons with benchmark disabilities, the provision of scribe will be provided on production of a certificate at the time of examination to the effect that the person concerned has physical limitation to write, and scribe is essential to write examination on his/ her behalf, from the Chief Medical Officer/ Civil Surgeon/ Medical Superintendent of a Government health care institution as per proforma at Annexure-I.
The candidate will have the discretion of opting for his/ her own scribe or the facility of scribe provided by the Commission. Appropriate choice in this regard will have to be given by the candidate in the online application form.
In case the candidate opts for his/ her own scribe, the qualification of the scribe should be one step below the qualification of the candidate taking the examination. The candidates with benchmark disabilities opting for own scribe shall be required to submit details of the own scribe at the time of examination as per proforma at Annexure-II. In addition, the scribe has to produce a valid ID proof (as per list given at para-14.7) in original at the time of examination. A photocopy of the ID proof of the scribe signed by the candidate as well as the scribe will be submitted along with proforma at Annexure-II. In case, subsequently it is found that the qualification of the scribe is not as declared by the candidate, then the candidate shall forfeit his/ her right to the post and claims relating thereto.
A compensatory time of 20 minutes per hour of examination will be provided to the persons who are allowed use of scribe as described at para 9.2 above.
The candidates referred at para 9.2 above, who are allowed use of scribe but not availing the facility of scribe will also be given compensatory time of 20 minutes per hour of examination.
No attendant other than the scribe for eligible candidates will be allowed inside the examination hall.
Admission to the Examination:
All candidates who register themselves in response to this advertisement by the closing date and time and whose applications are found to be in order and are provisionally accepted by the Commission as per the terms and conditions of this Notice of Examination, will be assigned Roll numbers and issued Admission Certificate (AC) for appearing in the Computer Based Examination (Paper-I). Subsequently, qualified candidates will be issued Admission Certificates for the next stages of the Examinations.
The Commission will not undertake detailed scrutiny of applications for the eligibility and other aspects at the time of written examination and, therefore, candidature will be accepted only provisionally. The candidates are advised to go through the requirements of educational qualification, experience, age, physical and medical standards etc. and satisfy themselves that they are eligible for the post(s). Copies of supporting documents will be sought at the time of Document Verification. When scrutiny is undertaken, if any claim made in the application is not found substantiated, the candidature will be cancelled and the Commission„s decision shall be final.
Admission Certificates for the Examination will be uploaded on the website of the concerned Regional/ Sub-Regional Office of the Commission. Admission Certificate will not be issued by post for any stage of examination. Therefore candidates are advised to visit the website of concerned Regional Office and SSC HQ regularly for updates and information about the examination.
Information about the Examination indicating the time table and City/ Centre of examination for the candidates will be uploaded on the websites of the concerned Regional/ Sub- Regional Office of the Commission about two weeks before the date of examination. If any candidate does not find his/ her detail on the website of the Commission, one week before the date of examination, he/ she must immediately contact the concerned Regional/ Sub-Regional Office of the Commission with proof of having submitted his/ her application. Failure to do so will deprive him/ her of any claim for consideration.
Candidate must write his/ her Registration-ID, registered Email-ID and Mobile Number along with his/ her name, date of birth and name of the examination, while addressing any communication to the Commission. Communication from the candidate not furnishing these particulars shall not be entertained.
Facility for download of Admit Cards will be available about one week before the examination on the website of concerned Regional/ Sub-Regional Office. Candidate must bring printout of the Admission Certificate to the Examination Hall.
In addition to the Admission Certificate, it is mandatory to carry at least two passport size recent colour photographs, Original valid Photo-ID proof having the Date of Birth as printed on the Admission Certificate, such as:
7.1 Aadhaar Card/ Printout of E-Aadhaar,
7.2 Voter‟s ID Card,
7.3 Driving License,
7.4 PAN Card,
7.6 School/ College ID Card,
7.7 Employer ID Card (Govt./ PSU/ Private), etc
If Photo Identity Card does not have the Date of Birth then the candidate must carry an additional original certificate in proof of their Date of Birth. In case of mismatch in the Date of Birth mentioned in the Admission Certificate and photo ID/ Certificate brought in support of Date of Birth, the candidate will not be allowed to appear in the examination.
PwD candidates using the facility of scribes as per paras 9.2 and 9.4 shall also be required to carry required Medical Certificate/ Undertaking/ Photocopy of the Scribe‟s Photo ID Proof, as specified therein. Candidates without above noted documents will not be allowed to appear in the examination.
Any other document mentioned in the Admission Certificate may also be carried by the candidates while appearing in the Examination.
Applications with blurred photograph and/ or signature will be rejected.
Document Verification (DV):
All the candidates qualified for Document Verification are required to appear for Document Verification along with the photocopies and original documents as mentioned at para no: 15.4.
Detailed options for various posts and Departments will be taken from candidates at the time of document verification.
Candidates have to bring two passport size recent colour photographs and one original valid Photo ID Proof while appearing for the Document Verification. Photo ID Proof can be:
3.1 Aadhaar Card/ Printout of E-Aadhaar.
3.2 Voter ID Card.
3.3 PAN Card.
3.5 Driving License.
3.6 Government School/ College ID Card.
3.7 Employer ID (Govt./ PSU)
Candidates will have to submit copies of various documents like:
4.1 Matriculation/ Secondary Certificate.
4.2 Educational Qualification Certificate.
4.3 Experience Certificate, if applicable.
4.4 Caste/ Category Certificate, if belongs to reserved categories.
4.5 Persons with Disabilities Certificate in the required format, if applicable.
For Ex-Servicemen (ESM):
Undertaking as per Annexure-V.
Serving Defence Personnel Certificate as per Annexure-IV, if applicable.
Discharge Certificate, if discharged from the Armed Forces.
Relevant Certificate if seeking any age relaxation.
No Objection Certificate, in case already employed in Government/ Government undertakings.
A candidate who claims change in name after matriculation on marriage or remarriage or divorce, etc. the following documents shall be submitted:
6.1 In case of marriage of women: Photocopy of Husband‟s passport showing names of spouses or an attested copy of marriage certificate issued by the Registrar of Marriage or an Affidavit from husband and wife along with a joint photograph duly sworn before the Oath Commissioner;
6.2 In case of re-marriage of women: Divorce Deed/ Death Certificate as the case may be in respect of first spouse; and photocopy of present husband‟s passport showing names of spouse or an attested copy of marriage certificate issued by the Registrar of Marriage or an Affidavit from the husband and wife along with joint photograph duly sworn before the Oath Commissioner.
6.3 In case of divorce of women: Certified copy of Divorce Decree and Deed Poll/ Affidavit duly sworn before the Oath Commissioner.
6.4 In other circumstances for change of name for both male and female: Deed Poll/ Affidavit duly sworn before the Oath Commissioner and paper cuttings of two leading daily newspaper in original (One daily newspaper should be of the area of applicant‟s permanent and present address or nearby area) and Gazette Notification.
Any other document specified in the Admission Certificate for DV.
Posts of Junior Engineers in BRO has stringent requirement of physical and medical standards including Physical Efficiency Test (Detail available at Annexure-XV). Examination of such physical and medical standards will be conducted after the final selection of candidates by BRO. If a candidate fails in such tests, his candidature will not be subsequently considered for any other post/ department. Candidates are therefore advised to thoroughly go through these requirements and give their considered preference of posts.
The Examination is being held for the post of Junior Engineers in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations. Detailed options for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations will be taken from candidates at the time of document verification. He/ she will not be considered for a Ministry/ Department/ Organization, if he/ she has not indicated his/ her preference for it. Options confirmed at the time of Document Verification will be treated as final and will not be changed subsequently under any circumstances. Therefore, candidates are advised to be careful in exercise of such options.
Mode of Selection:
All candidates who register themselves in response to this advertisement by the closing date and time and whose applications are found to be in order and are provisionally accepted by the Commission as per the terms and conditions of this Notice of Examination, will be assigned Roll numbers and issued Admission Certificate (AC) for appearing in the Computer Based Examination (Paper-I).
Admission Certificates for all stages of examination will be issued online on the websites of concerned Regional/ Sub-Regional Office of the Commission. Candidates are therefore advised to regularly visit the websites of the Commission Headquarters (i.e. https://ssc.nic.in) and concerned Regional/ Sub-Regional office of the Commission under whose jurisdiction the examination centres opted by the candidate are located (detail at para-11.1).
Minimum qualifying marks in Paper-I and Paper-II are as follows:
3.1 UR : 30%
3.2 OBC/ EWS : 25%
3.3 Others : 20%
- Based on the normalized marks scored in the (Paper-I) i.e. Computer Based Examination, candidates will be shortlisted, category-wise, to appear in Paper-II.
- Based on the performance in Paper-I+Paper-II, candidates will be shortlisted for Document Verification.
- Final selection and allocation of Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations will be made on the basis of the performance of candidates in Paper-I+Paper-II and the preference of Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations exercised by them at the time of Document Verification.
- Posts of Junior Engineers in BRO has stringent requirement of physical and medical standards including Physical Efficiency Test (Detail available at Annexure-XV). Examination of such physical and medical standards will be conducted after the final selection of candidates by BRO. If a candidate fails in such tests, his candidature will not be subsequently considered for any other post/ department. Candidates are therefore advised to thoroughly go through these requirements and give their considered preference of posts.
- Once the candidate has been allotted his/ her first available preference, as per his/ her merit, he/ she will not be considered for any other option. Candidates are, therefore, advised to exercise preference of Posts/ Departments very carefully. The option/ preference once exercised by the candidates will be treated as FINAL and IRREVERSIBLE. Subsequent request for change of Post/ Department by candidates will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- The final allotment of posts are made on the basis of merit-cum-preferences of Posts/ Departments given by the candidates and once a post is allotted, no change of posts will be made by the Commission due to non-fulfillment of any post specific requirements of physical/ medical/ educational standards. In other words, for example, if a candidate has given higher preference for a post and is selected for that post; in that case, if he/ she fails to meet the medical/ physical/ educational standards for that post, his/ her candidature will be rejected and he/ she will not be considered for any other posts.
- SC, ST, OBC, EWS and PwD candidates, who are selected on their own merit without relaxed standards, will not be adjusted against the reserved share of vacancies. Such candidates will be accommodated against the general/ unreserved vacancies in the post as per their position in the overall merit or vacancies earmarked for their category, whichever is advantageous to them. The reserved vacancies will be filled up separately from amongst the eligible SC, ST, OBC, EWS and PwD candidates.
- SC, ST, OBC, EWS and PwD candidates who qualifies on the basis of relaxed standards viz. age limit, experience or qualifications, permitted number of chances, extended zone of consideration, etc, irrespective of his/ her merit position, is to be counted against reserved vacancies and not against un-reserved vacancies. Such candidates may also be recommended at the relaxed standards to the extent of number of vacancies reserved for them, to make up for the deficiency in the reserved quota, irrespective of their rank in the order of merit. In so far as cases of Ex-Serviceman are concerned, deduction of the military service rendered from the age of ex-servicemen is permissible against the reserved or unreserved posts and such exemption will not be termed as relaxed standards in regard to age. Similarly for PwD candidates, relaxation of 10 years in upper age limit will not be termed as relaxed standards.
- A person with disability who is selected on his/ her own merit can be appointed against an unreserved vacancy provided the post is identified suitable for Persons with Disability of relevant category.
- Success in the examination confers no right of appointment unless Government is satisfied after such enquiry as may be considered necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment to the service/ post.
- The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for admission to the examination. Their admission at all stages of the examination will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If, on verification, at any time before or after the written examination, it is found that they do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature for the examination will be cancelled.
- Candidates, who are appointed on the basis of this examination, shall be on probation for a period of two years and during the period of probation, the candidates would be required to undergo such training or pass such examinations as prescribed by the Controlling Authority. On successful completion of the period of probation, the candidates shall, if considered fit for permanent appointment, be confirmed to their post by the Controlling Authority.
- Candidates selected for appointment are liable to serve anywhere in India i.e. all these posts carry All India Service Liability (AISL).
- Candidates on final selection may be allotted a State/ UT/ Zone by the concerned User Ministry/ Department/ Organization. Such candidates may be required to acquire the proficiency in local language of the allotted State/ UT/ Zone for confirmation of the candidates to the allotted posts by the concerned User Ministry/ Department/ Organization.
- Resolution of tie cases: In cases where more than one candidate secure the equal aggregates marks in Paper-I+Paper-II, tie will be resolved by applying the following methods one after another:
- 18.1 Total marks in Paper-II.
- 18.2 Date of birth, with older candidates placed higher.
- 18.3 Alphabetical order of the names of the candidates.
Action against candidates found guilty of misconduct: If candidates are found to indulge at any stage in any of the malpractices listed below during the conduct of examination or thereafter, their candidature for this examination will be cancelled and they will be debarred from the examinations of the Commission for the period mentioned below:
Type of Malpractice
Taking away any Examination related material such as OMR sheets, Rough Sheets, Commission Copy of Admission Certificate, Answer Sheet etc. from the examination hall or passing it on to unauthorized persons during the conduct of examination.
Leaving the Examination Venue uninformed during the Examination
Misbehaving, intimidating or threatening in any manner with the examination functionaries‟ i.e. Supervisor, Invigilator, Security Guard or Commission‟s representatives etc.
Obstruct the conduct of examination/ instigate other candidates not to take the examination.
Making statements which are incorrect or false, suppressing material information, submitting fabricated documents, etc.
Obtaining support/ influence for his/ her candidature by any irregular or improper means in connection with his/ her candidature.
Possession of Mobile Phone in „switched on‟ or „switched off‟ mode.
Appearing in the same examination more than once in contravention of the rules.
A candidate who is also working on examination related matters in the same examination.
Damaging examination related infrastructure/ equipments.
Appearing in the Exam with forged Admit Card, identity proof, etc.
Possession of fire arms/ weapons during the examination.
Assault, use of force, causing bodily harm in any manner to the examination functionaries‟ i.e. Supervisor, Invigilator, Security Guard or Commission‟s representatives etc.
Threatening/ intimidating examination functionaries with weapons/ fire arms.
Using unfair means in the examination hall like copying from unauthorized sources such as written material on any paper or body parts, etc.
Possession of Bluetooth Devices, spy cameras, and any other electronic gadgets in the examination hall.
Impersonate/ Procuring impersonation by any person.
Taking snapshots, making videos of question papers or examination material, labs, etc.
Sharing examination terminal through remote desktop softwares/ Apps/ LAN/ VAN, etc.
Attempt to hack or manipulate examination servers, data and examination systems at any point before, during or after the examination.
In accordance with the directions issued by DoP&T vide its OM No: 39020/1/2016- Estt (B) dated 21.06.2016 for increasing access of the unemployed candidates to job opportunities it has been decided that after declaration of final result the Commission will make the scores and rankings in the said open competitive examinations conducted by the Commission available on its website in descending order of ranking. Accordingly, it has been decided that the following details of the candidates will be made available on its website:
- Name of candidate
- Father/ Husband‟s name
- Date of Birth
- Category(Gen/ SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD)
- Gender of the candidate
- Educational Qualifications
- Total Marks obtained in the qualifying examination
- Ranking by which the merit is decided
- Complete address
- E-mail address
However, the candidate will have the option, at the time of filling up of his/ her application form, from opting out of disclosing the above details publicly Accordingly, the scores and rankings in respect of only those candidates who have opted for disclosing the above details or else have inadvertently not exercised their options will be made available on the website of the Commission.
Commission’s Decision Final: The decision of the Commission in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the applications, penalty for false information, mode of selection, conduct of examination(s), allotment of examination centres, selection and allotment of posts/ organizations to selected candidates will be final and binding on the candidates and no enquiry/correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
Court Jurisdiction: Any dispute in regard to this recruitment will be subject to courts/ tribunals having jurisdiction over the place of concerned Regional/ Sub-Regional Offices of the Commission where the candidate has appeared for the Computer Based Examination.